I have been working on a series of cross generational reading and book discussions using my heroine’s quest adventure cosmic fairytale The Adventures of Isabelle Book I. On March 10 I had the pleasure of discussing these events on WUSA Channel 9’s morning show “Great Day Washington” along with one of our participants a senior from Ballou STAY High School in Southeast, DC. Please check out the segment below.
Are you interested in bringing a Cross Generational Reading event to your organization? Please contact us at 202-669-5777 or Dr.Cutts@CuttsConsulting.com
Get Your Copy of The Adventures of Isabelle Book I TODAY!
Prefer e-books? The Adventure of Isabelle on Amazon Kindle
What are Cross Generational Reading Events:
These events provide a unique opportunity for elders and young people (especially women and girls) to enjoy and learn from one another. Because of the literacy component they also provide learning for the young and intellectual stimulation for the elders. The life events and challenges presented in the story of Princess Isabelle of Xamayca are used to spark discussion of the real life challenges and joys of those in the group. Both the elders and the young have an opportunity to share their stories (experience, strength and hope) and we all learn from this sharing.
More Benefits of Cross-Generational Activities
1) Increased creativity given that creativity relies on a number of different and divergent perspectives being brought to bear onto a situation or problem. A diverse cross-generational group has the potential to come up with more perspectives.
2) Improved knowledge sharing. Since different generations possess unique knowledge and skills. There is also a built in mentor structure available to be used if harnessed effectively.
3) Better solutions to life challenges in the long run, as long as we are able to listen to the diverse views. Having divergent perspectives and increased creativity leads to the ability to generate better solutions to the problems life throws our way.
4) Increased pleasure and fun through the opportunity for all parties to be of service to one another.
5) Increased self-esteem and confidence that comes from taking the risk of putting oneself out there and using one’s voice.
Contact Dr. Cutts Today to Set Up an Event 202-669-5777.
BECOME A SMALL BIZ SPONSOR OF THE CROSS GENERATIONAL READINGS. FIND OUT HOW!