Are you bored? Getting stale? Tired of the same old “same Ol’?” Do you do the same thing every week i.e. go to work, go to gym, come home, eat, watch TV, sleep? BORING!? I know I was…so I have devised a 5-point plan to change all that. If you are interested read on. (WARNING MANY “F” BOMBS WILL BE DROPPED IN THIS POST!!!)
Of late I’ve been droopy, down, and a touch distressed. What was wrong? I have everything a girl could want. Friends, family, a good career, my own digs and wheels. I eat. I sleep in doors so what was I down about? I own my own business so I can pretty much do what I want but life had become stale. After a touch of self examination I realized I wasn’t really having any F’ing FUN! So I devised the following VERY SIMPLE 5-point plan with the objective of having more F.U.N.
1) FROLIC: Yep get out there and play! Nature is a great place to do this. Take a walk, go skiing, build a yurt. Do something that gets you out in fresh air and sunshine. Some people call it ecotherapy. I call it common sense! We need to move to get air and sunshine, get the endorphins going, boost that serotonin! If nature isn’t your thing go dancing!
2) FACE FEARS: Do one thing each day that scares you. Do something big and scary that you have always wanted to do. Take a risk. Try a new food even! Anything to shake it up. Ideas include (but are not limited to) apply for that job, call that guy or gal, take a trip, eat alone, learn a new sport, buy a house!
3) FIND FUN FRIENDS: Meet new people, or have some real fun with your old ones. Again this is taking a risk. Introduce yourself to a new person at work or at play. Some of these folks might also be good to FROLIC with, who knows?
4) FEEL: This can mean being in the moment. Pay attention! There is good stuff all around you. Feel joy for what you have. Make a gratitude list each day. I suggest writing down 3 good things you do each day and 5 things for which you are grateful. Stop every now and again and feel what it’s like to be alive. Point 4 is also a great place to develop your spirituality, but this can also be done on any other point.
5) FAN YOUR FLAME: Find passion in your work. If you are doing work you love then that’s half your fun quotient right there. Vision Quest Retreats was built on the belief that there should be joy in your work. It’s your gift to the world. If you can access the passion and purpose in what you do then you will have fun doing it. Khalil Gibran wrote a great poem that explains what I mean. It’s called “On Work” and it’s one of my favorite inspiring written works. In it he says. “Work is love made visible.
And if you cannot work with love but only with
distaste, it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the gate of
the temple and take alms of those who work with joy.”
There you have it. Wash, rinse, repeat! Of course there could be a ton more points to this plan. I’m sure you can think of some. What are they? Get out there have some F.U.N. and drop me a line and let me know how you are doing. If you share some fun ideas I will post them on our Facebook Page.